Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Too Much Time Around My Stepdad and Everyone Else

I think I'm spending waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time around him. I'm starting 2 b convinced that I'm turning into him!! I really have to wonder if he believes in reincarnation, because I'm startin' to wonder if he was British in a previous life or something, because he sure does love alot of British stuff....

Alls  I know is, for some reason, he sure does know alot about music. Well, I surprised him the other night when him, me and my mom were playing pool, and The Who was playing on the stereo and he asked who is the drummer, as he always does with music trivia. I shocked him when I told him it was Zak Starkey and it was the right answer. And for some reason, he asked who the drummer before him was and I said Kenney Jones, previously of Small Faces fame. My mom was even shocked at me knowing about that. She said it sounded like another language, 2 music geeks like me and my stepdad talking about a band that was around in the 1960s, a decade I didn't even exist in.

Some of the things he has gotten me hooked on....
British soccer: Premier League Football
Top Gear
This one is my favorite! He's so cute!!!^^^
The Rolling Stones. I'd never know who these guys are if it was not for him...

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

David Bowie

The Police(In fact, I'm listening to them right now, the song King of Pain)

Pool

My Family
I'm like a sponge, I absorb everything that goes around me. And for some reason, I'm also a little like my dad in the sense of watching sci-fi TV shows sometimes, like Primeval, his fave one. And as for other things, if you ever saw my room and my sister's room at home, it would be so hard to believe we are actually related. My sister is more 80s punk rock, and 90s new wave rock, like Green Day, her room is pink with flamingoes as far as the eye can see with Sock Monkeys thrown in for good measure and Invader ZIM stuff also present. My room however, looks like a cross between an explosion of Far East Asia and London 1960s, because of a poster my dad got me 2 years ago hanging on the closet door, which I might have mentioned once was a cover of Rolling Stone Magazine with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards on it, a puzzle with a Geisha Girl on it on one side of my bed and a picture with Chinese symbols on the other side, on the wall above my dresser is a picture that belongs to my mom, of Tahiti, idk why, and on the floor, a recently finished Rolling Stones puzzle, Beatles puzzle and a Chinese Maiden puzzle. So basically my room looks a 60s London 'Mod' room and a taste of the Far East.

No comments:

Post a Comment